Thursday, April 26, 2012

Heaven Has Another Angel





Bandit 11-1-1999/ 3-20-12
  

I keep trying to come up with the right words. How do I put into words the life I shared for 12 years with a dog like Bandit? I can't. 

Bandit's breeder told me when he was still with the litter, that he would need to go to an obedience home. A home that not only knew aussies, but also one that was actively involved in obedience training. To put it mildly, he wasn't an easy dog. He had a lot of attitude and personality, and felt he had to be the center of attention everywhere he went, and he got it. That made him who he was. Everyone that met him, loved him. He never took life seriously. He just lived life, expecting everyday, every moment, was being created just for him. I can't remember a single day that he was not happy.

Most importantly, he was my very special Lit'l Man. He was my constant shadow. I couldn't even move an inch without him taking notice and being right there. He often knew what I was thinking, before I did. He would console me in my lowest moments. We had a connection, like we were one.

Bandit was a picture of health. perfect, in every way, then something went wrong. He never aged. He never slowed down. I knew when it was going to be his time to leave this earth, everything would just stop, he would stop, with no warning. Like he did everything else in his life, he would just be Bandit.

Five weeks ago, I felt his last breath, my first without him. I don't know how to be me, without him.  

He was my everything, I miss him so very much, my heart aches.

Rest in Peace My beautiful Lit'l Man.




 

13 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Oh, I am so very sorry. I loved the slide show and the music! In every photo he is smiling....smiling for you and for his very happy life.

I am so glad you had him. And most of all I'm glad he had you!!!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Fireblossom said...

I'm so sorry, T.

NanaNor's said...

Hi dear friend, I am so sorry about your loss of Bandit. He left you eight days before my Reggie went romping in heaven. Here on vacation, the loss of him as well as my dear Sadie seems so strong and I've cried more here than at home-maybe because I can let it out. I'm going to watch your video when we get home-otherwise I'll start crying again. Going home to no dog is hard too. So many others are ill in blogland as well and my heart hurts for every mom & dad. Sending you lots of love today-may your sweet Annie bring you more joy and smiles.
Love, Noreen

Marie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful video of Bandit. My heart hurts for you. Big hug from me to you...

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Oh, T! I am so sorry for your loss. Such a handsome boy. The music in the video is perfect!

I have had my son's aussie here with us for over a month and he and bandit sound so alike. Unbridled joy and eternally happy. I keep hoping my son will forget about Fenway and Stumpy and I can keep him. today I told my son that Fenway and Stumpy ran away to Canada.

You and yours are in our thoughts as you heal from this devastating loss.

Lisa said...

Oh! my dear sweet friend. I am so very sorry.

Sending Love! and hugs!

troutbirder said...

So sorry. What a sweet looking dog. Baron is my 4th dog. It's always so hard to lose these dear friends and companions....

Phyllis said...

I am so very sorry.

TimberLove said...

We came by today while wandering, don't know if you ever come here anymore but we wanted to offer soft husky woooos,

RA

Anonymous said...

Great post, you have pointed out some fantastic points. Thanks for sharing.
dog training equipment

Unknown said...

I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

kiperline said...

Pet nutrition is an indispensable part of pet life and a necessity in life.
Dhohoo pet nutrition for cat is the first choice of most people
The skin and joints of cats and dogs are very fragile. It is important to use various
show new calming supplements for dogs,
especially purchasing dog food and
purchasing cat food.
Everything is click in here

Eva Wilson said...

How cute! I really love it.

Regards,
Online Dissertation Help