Friday, October 2, 2009

Where Has The Time Gone

Oh my, where has the time gone? I have missed so much. Time just flies by when we are having fun, or not. I do need to take the time to catch up on all of the blogs I follow, but what is time? Time is something I just haven't had for myself lately.

I do want to thank all of you wonderful blog friends that took the time to email me and ask if I was okay. I apologize for not replying. I have been so very busy, I have not been logging into my email, and when I did, I was surprised at the dozens of emails waiting for my replies. Those of you who called, THANK YOU, I really needed that break, and our talk.

So what has been taking up so much of my time? Too much to list here for now, but I will say my childcare has been extremely busy. With the new school year came many people looking for childcare/preschool for their little ones. I have spent the past few weeks interviewing potential parents throughout the day and into the early evening hours. By the end of each day, I am too exhausted to do anything but sleep. I now have no more openings in my childcare, and am almost overwhelmed. I tend to take on children that may need a little extra help, and one of the 2 year old boys I took on has really been challenging, but just yesterday, we made a break through, and after 2 weeks, I am seeing some improvement with some challenging behavior.

By the time my children leave in the early evening, I still have to tend to all the dogs, cats, and cook dinner, (if hubby is lucky enough), then sit with him for a few minutes, and off to sleep I go, only to start all over the next morning.

Being so crazy busy means I have neglected a few things. I had 3 cats I was suppose to take to our spay/neuter clinic two weeks ago, and I forgot all about it, until a rescue friend of mine called and asked if I had the three cats trapped and ready for transport. OOPS! This time I marked it on the calender for this month so I don't forget.

I have been trying to help a friend find homes for a litter of kittens and their mama that were born outside, just a few houses down from me, Not easy. The economy has hit this town hard, and all of our rescues here are referring people to take their pets to the shelter. None of our fosters have any room. All we can do, is keep doing what we are doing. Try to save one animal at a time.

I have much more to update on about my crew, but not enough time (there's that word again). For now, here are a few photos I took a couple weeks ago. We had just bought this new bunk bed play toy for the cats, and they all really enjoy it. It is a big hit. Mama Cat loves this, and was the first to try it out. Lacee is the one inside it.











I hope to catch up on everyone's blogs this weekend, and will try and make another post next week, and fill you in on a few important topics that matter to me.



25 comments:

Anya said...

I am happy to read all is okay ;)
Take your time to relax .....

Daniela said...

Sit down, now BREATHE!! I know what you mean about being buzy, but try if you can to take some time to yourself. I love the kitty pics.

TC said...

It's all OK, I was saying over @ dog beach I didn't post once for like 2 months. Do take some time for yourself. I can see why the kitties like the new bunk bed toy thing, I'd like it too if I was a kitty!

Fireblossom said...

Hooray, it's T! I have thought about you oh so many times over the weeks, girl. I was so happy the day I found you had been by and left me all the comments!

The kitty bunk is so cool! I went "awww" at it, which perturbs Mr. Bosco, he thinks that word should only be for him!

My Beatrice drifted away. I am heartbroken. I don't even understand what I did.

Many many hugs and warm thoughts for you and your animals, T!

Anonymous said...

blessings that all is well.. you're an amazing caretaker

a gift
gp

Jan said...

Love the cat pictures. Thanks so much for the email. I appreciate your thoughts. My friend has been using that Feloway stuff for years. She had problems introducing her 3rd cat to her cats too. I sure hope my cats will all get along soon. Never thought I would end up with 4 cats. Who would have figured? Take some time for yourself and enjoy. You deserve it.

BeadedTail said...

Glad everything is okay but hoping you find time to relax in the midst of everything. That new toy looks like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Hi T and mom!
Welcome back! Good to hear from you! I wish i was in that box. Yeah.. I agree I should leave the frogs for hunting not eating.
norwood

Phyllis said...

Hello fellow animal lover! Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit. I'm so glad you made time to post on your blog site.

With the exception of taking care of kids, your life sounds like mine. Times are tough all over and we have to run ourselves ragged just to try to make ends meet.

It's especially hard for the critters. I've had to stop fostering for a while b/c I just couldn't take any more stress in my life with the job situation. I feel guilty about it, but will pick up again after my situation improves.

Dana said...

Im glad you are back. Oh and just so you dont think Im really mean I wouldnt have shot the dogs like I posted, I was just angry and venting. Your cats have the coolest toys.

Jan Mader said...

YOU matter to us. So glad you're okay.....

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Hi T! Welcome home (to blogland)! i am glad to hear all is well with you. I don't know how you have any energy left to do anything after caring for a passle of kids!

The bunkhouse looks like lots of fun for the kitties!

Akannie said...

Glad to see you back,...thanks for stopping by my blog.

LOVE that bunkbed.

Glad you're business is doing so well...you are one amazing woman!

Love and kisses, Annie

DayPhoto said...

I wish I could sit with you and pet your cats! If I lived closer I would be a foster mom, I just know I would.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

troutbirder said...

Wondered about all this. Now I now I know. Take care. Keep cool. Life is good.

Tracey said...

I am happy to hear all is well with you....just BUSY! I was wondering about you.
The kitties are so cute playing with their new toy!
Take care,
Tracey

Andrea said...

So glad to have you back! Love the pics!! :)

Katt said...

Hey T! I know what you mean about not having enough time. I should be used to it by now, but alas it still overwhelms me sometimes. Loved the kitty pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi, T...it's Betty, using the anonymous comment option. I'm gonna have to get a new google ID, so I can comment without sending folks to my closed blog.

I'm glad to hear you had a 'breakthrough' with the little one...I know he can certainly use your help with his issues.

Mama and Lacey are adorable playing in their new house...they are getting along great now, eh?

I wish I could help you with your need for more time; but, that's one thing no one else can give you. I just hope you manage to find a few minutes extra each day for yourself.

Take care. Betty

Unknown said...

It is horrible what the economy is doing to humans and terrible what is happening to the animals. Our shelter will give free food to anyone who wants to keep their pets but have come up on hard times. Is there a program like that in your area?

Jackie said...

Hello! I just discovered your blog and I have to say that it's a very lovely. You do such good things for animals and I look forward to reading about your adventures in the future.

Jane said...

I"m glad that all is going well with you! I can understand about having tons to do and no time afterwards for yourself. I've been MIA myself from blogging but am now back online at http://imdowntown.blogspot.com I decided to give up the other website as I am a real klutz when it comes to figuring out HTML. Catch you soon, have a great weekend!

Jane

Life With Dogs said...

Time really is a precious commodity - it just takes time to figure that out! :)

Lisa said...

"I tend to take on children that may need a little extra help"

This made me smile...of course you do. Because "It matters to... you"

So nice to know things are busy but good for you.

Love the photos

Lisa

RoeH said...

Everyone needs a break sometimes. I have found out through computer problems during the last month, that there is life without blogging. Well, not muchreally, but I've actually read three books. Love to see your cats so much. The little white/grey looks like a love!