Friday, June 5, 2009

Evening Greetings

Things are slowly getting back to normal around here. Every evening Jarie selects a toy from the toy box to greet hubby with, when he gets home from work. She patiently waits by the door until she hears his truck pull up the driveway.
She then runs laps around the house, from room to room with excitement, picks up her toy and waits for him to walk through the door. Then all the excitement begins. Her tail does not stop wagging, she pushes the toy toward him, teasing him with a "catch me if you can", game of chase. She runs around and around his legs, then stops and changes direction on him.
This goes on for about 15 minutes, just running, chasing, playing. Finally she will just fall to the floor and show her belly for a good tummy rub, then off the two of them go to the other room and settle on the couch together, so the rest of the pack can join them.
Jarie was really subdued there for awhile after Jake passed, but she is back to being her crazy self, with the zoomies everyday, and just loving being the official "daddy is home greeter". It is difficult sometimes watching her greeting hubby, as that was always Jake's job, but we are trying to move forward, a bit slowly, but we are getting there.

She is back to eating and taking all her medications and supplements, so back into healing and feeling a bit better. She still has the occasional set back of not eating one of her meals, but that is to be expected with Jarie.
Jarie does not have a favorite person. She is happiest when hubby and I are both with her, and when either one of us leave the room, she will follow. But you can really see the excitement in her when she knows hubby is coming home. That is her special time.
Happy, Happy Girl.

19 comments:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

PRECIOUS! :)

Brenda Eason said...

How sweet to have a daddy that loves his baby. I wish mine cared about animals like I do.

Unknown said...

Yeah for Jarie!
And I know from experience, you give the best belly rubs! I am very happy Jarie's feeling better.
Norwood

Scout and Freyja said...

There is nothing so loud and so wild and so exhausting and so exciting as a GSD, stuffie in mouth, frapping all over the house! My Freyja grabs her favorite and runs a circle through all of the rooms each evening and then lays at my feet begging me to do it with her! I'll grab the stuffie and cuddle it like a little baby and talk to it and then she goes wild all over again...fun!☺

Andrea said...

She looks beautiful and so happy! Isn't wonderful to have a being so happy to see you!

DayPhoto said...

Healing is just a good thing. But so is grief!

And seeing Jarie so happy oh, what joy!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Laura said...

Just shows you how much unconditional love a dog has for their owners. Precious pictures - it's got to make you feel special!

Daniela said...

OH, what wonderful photos. She looks so happy and healthy. I am so happy for little jarie.

Rae said...

Thanks for visiting and following my blog. If you read much of it then you know I am passionate about dogs and yours is wonderful. So handsome too.
I am looking forward to reading your past posts and looking at your photos.
RAE

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I am glad Jarie is feeling betterr, eating and taking her meds. I know she is a huge source of solace and seeing her doing well must help.

T said...

To everyone...
Thank you for the nice comments. We are pleased that Jarie is back up and feeling better, and enjoying her place in welcoming hubby home.

Norwood...You bet I give the best belly rubs!!;)

Dayphoto...You are so very right, and thank you for all you continue to do.

Rae...You are very welcome. I have read quite a bit of your blog and am aware of your passion for dogs. Thank you for following my blog, and I hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy yours.

GSC...Thank you.

♥Caroline♥ said...

Love it!!! Beautiful! Glad she is doing much better.

Life With Dogs said...

What a riot - it's great to see that someone else experiences the crazy dog greeting that I enjoy when the workday has ended. :)

Jan said...

She is sweet. Glad she is feeling better.

Betty said...

I know how hard this has been for you and your hubby. It's wonderful that Jarie is feeling better and can relieve some of your pain with her antics. She is beautiful!

troutbirder said...

Oh the fun games our friends play. My boy Baron has a similar act. :)

Maude Lynn said...

What great pictures!

elsieflynn said...

awww, how sweet. they are definitely happier when their humans are all accounted for.

the "evening greetings" was a familiar scene here. when pat got home, dylan would be beside himself. he'd start singing! if i was in another room, he'd come and tell me "Mommy!!! Guess what!!! Daddy's hhhhooommmeee!!!!!" you should have seen him on nights when pat got home after being on an over-the-road run. what an expression of love--if only a human would greet us that way :-)

Carolina said...

Great shots! Isn't it lovely to be greeted by such a happy face? Can't imagine coming home to a house without dogs.

I've left you an award over at my place.

Big hug,
Carolina