Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ice Skating

My niece has only been skating since early 2007, and has been doing very well. She has many first and second place medals. She is 7 years old. Skating is her passion, something she really enjoys to do, she is a natural on the ice. My husband and I were able to watch her for the first time this past March and July. We had the best time, and so very proud of her. Yes, I am bragging. I have to say, watching her on these video's doesn't even compare to watching her skate in person. I hope you all enjoy them.

My Niece's Interpretive program from the ISI Open in Las Vegas July, 2008. For ISI's Interpretive, the skaters have no prior knowledge of the music to be played. The competition has all of the skaters hear a piece of music twice and then choreograph their own routine. All skaters are placed in a room and each skater is pulled out to perform having not heard the music again or having not seen the previous skaters' performance. This was my niece's first time competing in an Interpretive event.


My Niece's Artistic FS3 program from the Red, White and Blue ISI Open Competition in July, 2008. This program brings tears to my husbands and my eyes every time we watch it.


This is her Character Spotlight Freestyle 1 at the California State Games March, 2008. She doesn't do this one anymore, as she is past that level now, but one of my favorites.

6 comments:

elsieflynn said...

i just love watching her skate! she's mesmurizing (sp?). her movements are so graceful and elegant, confident and strong.
the stray cat's routine is my fav, too. thanks for posting them.

Betty said...

What fun videos! She is adorable and very advanced for having skated such a short time. She's just precious! Thanks for sharing!

Dana said...

Oh it's easy, first I boil wide egg noodles until they are al dente,drain, then add 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of chicken, and I cheat and use 1 can of Swanson chicken breast, (you can use fresh cooked chicken if you want), 1/2 soup can of milk, 2tbsp flour, salt , pepper, I like garlic powder, and a little bit of cheese, oh and chopped onion, I mix then pour into a 9x13 casserole dish top with cheddar cheese, crushed ritz crackers and I like pimentos added to the top then bake at 400 for 25 minutes or so. I think it's good, I hope you like it. It's a dish that you can play around with to make it to your liking. Your niece is very talented, your family must be so proud of her.

Betty said...

I came back to watch the videos again...she is just too cute! Wanted to let you know I think you have a very talented and adorable niece! I'll probably be back to watch at least one more time!

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

elsie,
Thanks, funny, she use to be very, very shy just a few years ago, and now she is the opposite.
mrs.ruiz,
Thanks for the recipe,I will check back with your blog later today.
betty, thank you, isn't she just adorable. I can watch her over and over, but I am biased.
I will probably drop you an email later today.